Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What's New with Johanna

Call this a long overdue update from Johanna. First off a huge thank you to everyone who wrote me, called me and my parents, and wished me well during my hospitalization and surgery this past summer. I so appreciate having such a wonderful, loving, and supportive family. The well wishes were a big help in my recovery. And of course, a HUGE thanks to Annie for taking such great care of Molly while I was in the hospital. She was in good hands!
 
I've been at my new job since November and I really, truly love it. After my bosses at the architecture firm decided not to renew my contract and move me to part-time I found myself looking for a new job again. I ended up finding my current job almost immediately. I am working as a Digital Publicist at MediaConnect, a Finn Partners company. I cover a wide range of books from murder mysteries to business books. All my work is online, hence the digital title. Right now I am working on five campaigns--a self-help book, a murder mystery (Zero Degree Murder which both my mom and I loved and I highly recommend), an education book on corporal punishment (scarily still legal in 18 states and not regulated at all), a major campaign for Israeli businesswoman and philanthropist Shari Arison, and an upcoming book on leadership and sustainability in business. It keeps me busy but as I said I really love it. My co-workers have become my friends!
 
I spoke to Aunt Jane recently and she sounds like she's doing really well. She'll be returning from a trip to France this week and we're hoping to meet up in the city for lunch soon!
 
Other than all that, not much else to report. It's been great catching up with Annie now that she's been in the city. My current roommate joked that Annie could have lived with us forever she liked having her around so much! As many of you know Molly had a health crisis after our family reunion in Pittsfield three years ago. She relapsed again this year and while we have no real diagnosis it's likely an auto-immune disorder that will keep her on a low dose of prednisone for life. Thankfully the stuff is dirt cheap! I've attached a photo of us at my office from before Christmas. My office loves dogs and she's been in few times. It's nice having such an accomodating office!
 
I hope all is well with everyone else!
 
Much love, Johanna

1 comment:

john said...

Hey Johanna. Thanks for this. You filled my new year's resolution (that everyone post.) Great.