Friday, January 24, 2014

Letter from Dundee

Last time, I asked about everyone's new year's resolutions.  Even though I know that I cannot make resolutions for other people (but, hey, wouldn't that be nice,) here's a suggestion.  Everyone resolve to submit at least one contribution to Pops Weekly Letter during the course of 2014.  More than one would be nice, but, let's start small.  It's easy: just write an e-mail (delete all your signature items) to popsweeklyletter.dickson@blogger.com.  

On that note, Andrew has already fulfilled his (my) new year's resolution:

Talked to Claire this week who has joined an intramural volleyball team with her roommate, Matty, and was kind enough to go to the easy league because Matty has not played too much. She was asked to apply for a RA position and will interview this week. She is also teaching second graders in the Zeeland, MI school district one day a week for her education class. To do so, she had to drop one of Hope's popular classes, "Religion and Atrocities". I told her there are plenty of examples in history. I drove her back to Hope on the 8th, and it was a harrowing ride both ways with semis off the road and major backups. Thank goodness for the Subaru.

Today, Daniel got braces. It will be 20 month long process, so here we go. He continues to do well in basketball, and is enrolled in drivers ed. Yikes. Bill and Jen seem to have their hands full with the kids, and am sure the out-of-control granddad doesn't help.  Just doing my job.

Sign of things to come: the cat jumped on the outside bench and the leg collapsed. Everybody is getting older.

Total snowfall in Chicago last winter: 38 inches

Total snowfall in Chicago so far this winter: 39 inches

More arctic freeze and snow coming this week. We will try to send it east as fast as we can.

I told my doctor last week that I was in shape. He did not agree. I then said " Hey, round is a shape".

All is well in Dundee. Be well.

No comments: