Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tour of Rural China-a post long overdue




Here are some pictures of my trip to Greg's hideaway-a small town in rural China named Pengtun. The first picture is of another town in the area (a rocky 3 hour ride up mountains sans guardrails). The next one is of a two-day trek Greg took me on called Tiger Leaping Gorge. And that's me, on the top of that frightful cliff. As you can imagine, my fear of heights did not make the already difficult hike go any faster. The last picture is of a pagoda a mere 4 minute bike ride from the school where Greg teaches in Pengtun. You cannot see it, but there was a group of domestic tourists who borrowed me for a 30 minute photo shoot. Apparently curly hair is not a big thing in China.

Also, check out the Travel section of this weekend's Wall Street Journal, specifically "Castle in the Air"-Greg wrote it!

Love!

Annie

1 comment:

Pops Weekly Letter said...

Please tell me that is not you. Yikes